After potty stops, shopping some of the sponsor's tents and getting our photo taken by the helpful gentleman; I was ready for final instructions and the start.
Since I don't have the recall of some of you, bring on the bullets:
I started pretty close to the front
- the first few miles were urban "trails"
- the remainder of the race was single track trails
- it got hot
- I did not carry my own water
- a gingerbread gu is a wonderful friend!
- Not everyone who runs trails is nice
- the last 3/4 of the races I felt like I could run forever
- they shortened the race without telling us - grrrrrr
- I love trail races
- If you run a race with the plan to "kick" the last few miles - its upsetting to have them taken away
- My family was not due back until 2 - 2:30 hours after the start
- I sweat...a lot.
We met for lunch at a great little place after being a half hour late (sorry, Tonia!). It is completely a guy thing. Why do we have GPS if we are not going it use it? That's all I'm saying.
After lunch which I was in major need of after not eating breakfast - oh, except the gingerbread gu, we went for a walk to a local running store.
Tonia's hubbs, J who is really nice...and TALL. Needed fitted for running shoes. And s'ghetti girl had to get a new sweaty band to NOT share with mom! It was a great time.
Tonia is just as nice and funny as she seems in her posts. And her girls are honestly saying some of the funniest things!