Lately I feel like my name should be Debbie as in Downer. Need proof?
1. Based on the feedback my last post put a downer spin on the Big Move. Even though I am actually excited the change and the new opportunities it will bring.
2. I spent the majority of the weekend Boo-hooing the fact that I couldn't get a sitter worked out for the Catch Me If You Can 10 miler that, until this past Saturday, I held the Female Master's record in. Well, I still hold the record but a new runner took the Master's title this year.
3. While I was trying to make everyone happy this weekend I ended up disappointing everyone instead.
Examples: Sleep over wasn't long enough.
Friends didn't get to come to the soccer game with us.
Couldn't stay at the play ground like usual.
Almost completely miss my sister's baby shower. Forgot her presents.
Some days you just want to get back into bed.
BUT today is a new day.
Today I will be a Susie Sunshine and learn from my weekend.
1. I am one day closer to the Big Move and can't wait to see what new things my family will be able to enjoy together.
2. Almost certainly, there will be another race.
3. Often when I try to do too many things at one time, I don't do any of them very well. So next time I'll learn to say no before I over commit myself.
4. Today is day # 722 and I am only days away from knowing if my first 100 will be Massanutten Mountain Trails or not. Either way I'm going to be thrilled to simply know and move forward.
How do you bounce back from a "bad" weekend?