Daily Chatter

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Today running will wait

Today is the day.  Army son flies back.
I am so happy that we got to have him with us for the past two weeks.  He was able to see friends and family.  He shared in the holidays and many life long traditions.
I know that his 20 years of life have been filled wth change.  However these past two weeks have shown me that even though our relationship has changed it is still there and Home will always be a place Army son will return to.
So this morning hugs and kisses will be shared and maybe a tear or two but I know Army son will continue on his path that will always include a road back home.
We love you! Be safe.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

12 comments:

  1. So glad you had 2 good weeks with him. I'll bet it's so hard to say goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you were able to share two weeks of enjoyment - especially at Christmas time.

    The Love you have for your son is very apparent! Goodbyes are never easy - but his life journey continues on!

    Yup - your morning run can wait! Wishing you and your family health, peace and joy during 2011.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and prayers as you say 'see you later' once again. I can only imagine how wonderful the last two weeks have been for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers of safety going out for him. Be strong, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eat that boy up and enjoy. Don't miss a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart struggles for you. He is in God's hands and he is doing what he wants, what more can you ask for? (I'm sure there's so much more, but for now...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so glad you got to have army son with you for the holidays. i actually teared up because, while i'm not in the military or anything, i think that my relationship changed (for the better) with my mom this holiday season and i know how much that means to both of you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Safe and happy travels Army Son :) Hugs to you Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. May he stay safe. <3

    Happy New Year girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's wonderful you spent the holiday's together, safe travels to your son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bye Army Son! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you got to spend so much time together! When my brother was in the airforce, it was always so nice to see him!! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete