Daily Chatter

Friday, April 12, 2013

Bull Run Run 50 Miler - Goals

Today would usually be the day that I excitedly list out my goals for my Saturday race.  This Saturday will be my third time running the Bull Run Run 50 miler.  Since I have spent the past week sick from some kind of bug I will be aiming for my I Finished goal with an emphasis on the feeling fine part. 
 
My I FINISHED goal:
To arrive on time. To start. To finish.
aka: Finish Feeling Fine having Fun
My I CAN goal:
Finish in under 13:00
Yeah, that's the course limit
My I LOVE IT goal:
To beat my PR.
Currently 10:53
 
My I DREAM IT goal:
Even though I know that over this distance anything can happen I will only be dreaming of feeling good the entire 50 miles.  My dream would be no coughing fits, no upset stomach, no light headedness.  Just one foot in front of the other happily across my third Bull Run Run finish line.
 
So maybe I can get my I Dream It goal after all. 
 


6 comments: