Daily Chatter

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Familiar Things


 
This week brought the return of the Biking Sherpa.  Oh how I wish I could have her with me on all my runs.  She would make a great drill sergeant.  And I mean that in the most complimentary way.  She pulled me through some very hilly runs that I had forgotten I used to mindlessly cruise through on a daily basis.  I'm going to blame the energy dip on the Whole30 but I can't hide the fact that my hamstrings were both very sore after our first run of my favorite loop.  I can also use the excuse that she did pull us around at slightly over an 8 min pace which is fast for me these days.
 
 
It has been a week of hard runs but some of the most enjoyable I've had in quite awhile.  Everything is just so green and the flowers are everywhere. 
 
 
LBM and I have enjoyed our runs together after my run is over.  With my sore hamstrings he could actually out sprint me, a fact that made he giddy.  He told me that he was just so full of "energies" he had to run super fast.





 





We walked through the cemetery for our cool down.  LBM was interested in the old tombstones and how long people had lived and who they were to one another. 



Tonight will be another run, hopefully in the rain again, with Biking Sherpa around our favorite loop to complete another wonderful double day.  Nothing beats returning to familiar things to make everything seem to hold a kind of beauty that you overlooked before. 
 


I don't know about you but I'm off to run...
 

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are beautiful; it looks like a place I would LOVE to live. Quite. Remote. Perfect!

    Hope you had a great run! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're early on in whole30 so things will get better! I too am loving all the flowers in bloom. Kudos to you for getting out there in your low energy period?

    ReplyDelete