Daily Chatter

Friday, March 5, 2010

Training Brain

Symptoms of Training Brain


Symptoms of training brain usually appear about one to two weeks prior to the scheduled running event. Signs and symptoms of training brain may include:

■Unability to focus on non-running related issues

■Consumption of large amounts of carbohydrates

■Frequent need put on running outfits

■Loss of memory

■Obsession with time of day bowel movements occur

■Weight gain
■Signs of being a hypochondriacal behavior

■Mild fatigue


The presence of three or more of these symptoms would indicate the patient has been infected with the viral infection, Training Brain.  The only know cure is the completion of the running event.  However, this course of treatment offen leads to a follow along infection of Runners High which is easily managed by large amounts of running related conversation and praise.



Thanks for not calling me out on my obvious infection of
Training Brain!
(I misspelled Wednesday in the title of Wednesday's post!!!)
I am certaining suffering a bad case but looking forward to the cure!
I will be even more absent in bloggy land BUT I will get catch up.
Thanks for all the encouragement for this lastest adventure!



 We went for an easy morning run.
Last one before the BIG race tomorrow morning!
Yep! That's TOMRORROW at 8 a.m.!
Everyone who is running or racing this weekend...RUN STRONG!
or as Katie so wonderfully put it,"slow, steady and safe will win the race!"
Bye for now! 


Dorothy is having a great contest!
Don't miss out but I'm gonna win it!

17 comments:

  1. FIRST!!!

    Had to laugh at 'putting on multiple running outfits' - I do this before every race. It takes a week to settle on the wardrobe and then there's undoubtedly the last minute weather change. ACK!

    GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! I'll be thinking of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! You had me laughing :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you and have a fantastic time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh. i already have it. and my event is still over a month away! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard from you in awhile and was wondering how your brain was doing. I know I'd be a total mess!!! You're going to do so awesome, Shelly, I just know it! But more than anything, just have a total blast!!!! I'll be thinking of you, girl!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck. Enjoy the race and I hope you can "get in the moment" so you can appreciate your accomplishments.

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the race! I hope your training brain cures itself over this weekend. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the post! So true. Good luck tomorrow...you are going to do GREAT! Can't wait to read the race report.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your race tomorrow! I am so excited for you!

    Gosh. I am always thinking about runing. What does that mean?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tomorrow already! GL, have fun, and enjoy the mix of snow, slush, mud and hopefully some dry spots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited for you and I cannot wait to hear all about it! Run well but more importantly, have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great race! I'll be sending you strong, speedy, have fun vibes all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck! You are going to do amazing! I will be sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way tomorrow! Be safe and enjoy it! You've worked so hard! Can't wait for the race report :) Huggss to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEST OF LUCK! you will kick some serious butt! You are so ready to rock it!!! I cant wait for the race report either!!! Go get em!

    ReplyDelete
  16. good luck tomorrow! sounds like you've done the work...so go enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete