Daily Chatter

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Any Better Tricks?

I know ya'all are just dying to read about my action packed weekend.  And to see three hundred random blurry photos of all that fun however I am the sheer definition of whatever it is that lay beyond freaking tired so you will have to hold your horses and wait until tomorrow for me to get all that greatest organized.

In the meantime, I wanted to talked about something I will be dealing with today.
Staying awake

Normally I can suck it up with the best of them.  I have an almost 3 year old who still doesn't always sleep in his own bed or all night long and is having separation issues with my boobs nursing so having to get the kids ready and head off to work each day when I'd really rather not is nothing new.  I used to having getting to do it all by myself 95% of the time with my Hubbs not with us during the week. 
But we just came back for the third weekend of not getting home until dawn of the next day much later than we should.  I'm not looking for sympathy here.  I knew our summer activities would be hectic and I am the one who mostly sets the schedule so I made my bed, right?! 
What I will struggle with today is the how to stay awake and productive when I put myself in these situations and still have to work outside the home.
If I was a stay-at-home mommy I dream that I could just sleep in and nap as needed.  I know that isn't always the case either!

When I was frantically grabbing food to bring to work this morning I don't leave my office and take a lunch break of course we just returned home so fresh fruit and healthier options were scarce not like I would have grabbed them anyway.  What I did grab was a pbj on toast and a big cup of coffee and I now wish it was an even BIGGER cup of coffee.  I also grabbed a cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera Bread, pine nut hummus and some bread not carrots to eat my hummus with. 

So starch, starch and you guessed it more starch!
But that is what I all too often do.  I eat myself awake.

Do you do the same?  Or is it just me?
When you are pressed for time and sleep deprived what tricks do you use to get through your day and be able to stick to your normal schedule?
Because I still have a 6 -7 mile run tonight followed by Insanity.
It's Day #422

I'll leave you with evidence that the way I am feeling today is worth it...
my family.


Off to draw eyes on my eye lids, just incase.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with staying awake! I wish I had a trick that works. My co-workers just start giving me jalapeno bread or diet cokes when I must look like my head is about to hit the desk. On that note, my supervisor also brings me jalapeno bread when she is about to give me a huge project to work on. Must work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am of the opinion Mother's Day should occur at least once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guilty of reaching for the carbs when I'm tired. Must be programmed that way. Good luck getting through your day! You are a ROCKSTAR! Don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that your day goes quickly and you can get some rest tonight. Being a SAHM does afford a few more opportunities for getting rest, but I haven't had a nap since the kids were infants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yikes, I know the tired feeling as my 4 year old likes to come in our bed every night. I am lucky in that I am at home, so I can take a 10 minute rest. I definitely eat carbs when tired. I don't know if they always make me stay awake though, sometimes they make me more tired. Good luck on your work out tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cry when I'm really tired. I can't tell you how delicious it is to feel good and sorry for myself. Then I eat chocolate. Then I worry about eating too much chocolate, so I eat some more.
    Also biscuites lathered in margarine keep me awake plus give me a nice little carbo buzz.
    Sleep well tonight,

    ReplyDelete