Daily Chatter

Friday, July 15, 2011

Last full day of beachtasticness

This morning I enjoyed another great barefoot beach run.  It made me wish I had Angie Bee on speed dial because my toes are a little beach tired and keeping my miles low and Angie would have the perfect barefoot advice.
As sad as I'll be to not have the waves cooling me throughout my runs I am actually excited to see some green grass and trees on my run.  I'm excited to run fast which is something I can't do very well on sand.
In the morning I'll get up for one last run on a sunrise beach and I'll be thankful for all the time spent with my extended family and the opportunity to simply take a breath, share some laughs and do this thing that is me in another place.  Every day no excuses. Because I want to.  Because I get to...I'm so thankful I can run.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having a delightful time! Enjoy every moment you have with family and on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barefoot running. Beach. Ahhh.... :) Great to hear you're having a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh....enjoy your last day there! Your toes look happy! We know you are mentally happy....so I'd say it is safe to say that you are happy from your head to your toes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. The change of scenery sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. Running on the sand barefoot feels so amazing! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds and looks like a great, relaxing time! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The good thing about barefoot beach running is that you don't have to pumice off any of those running calluses. And the bad thing is the potential for blisters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you were able to put in some miles in the sand on vacation - nothing better than a run!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really do not take enough advantage of living near the beach for running...mostly cause i think I'll hurt myself :) but it sure is a great way to see the sunrise

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have had such a great holiday. Getting back to roads is going to be hard - or maybe not.
    Love your shirt, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that shirt in the second pic! Also love those last few lines - thanks for reminding me what it's all about!

    Hope your vaca includes lots of tastycakes. Holy crap, do I miss those things!

    ReplyDelete