Daily Chatter

Friday, November 15, 2013

Something Old, Something New...

 
Something Old
 


 
As I celebrated another in the growing pile of birthdays recently, the list that can be filed under 'Something Old" grows longer.  My running streak would be one of the items on that list.  Today marks day 1286.  There are days when I feel every one of those 11,330+ miles but the majority of days I can't imagine missing a day.  Another biggie on the 'Something Old' list is
 
StoneMill_LogoFinal-2013_CopperplateGothicLight77pt
 
This will be my third running of the Stone Mill 50 Miler.  I'll make no predications about what the clock will say when I cross the finish line this year.  While I'd love to finish in daylight I have to set my expectations in reality.  Experience has taught me that many things come into play over ultra distances and the added pressure of time goals, at my current fitness level, would do nothing to improve my performance. 
 
Something New
 
Run to the Finish HBBC
 
Filed in the drawer, 'Something New' you will find that I almost missed out on my holiday motivation!  The Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge.  Since Stone Mill is usually my last real race of the year I tend to backslid a little but with the support and accountability of the HBBC I have been able to survive the past three holiday seasons without gaining weight or losing any fitness.  If you want to join in the fun click the image above to hop over the Amanda's Run to the Finish.  Make sure you let her know Shelly referred you to the challenge and we can help keep each other on the right trail or at least a little closer.
 

1 comment: