Daily Chatter

Monday, October 10, 2011

Simply Saturday

Our family enjoyed so much fun our weekend needs two posts, what follows is part one.
Simply Saturday.

We enjoyed our tradition of participating in a local race to benefit Love INC
My wonderful BIL watched the kids at the event so Hubbs and I could both run.  Hubbs ran the 5 and I the 10k.  This is an event I typically do well in given the talent in attendance, I usually end up in the top three female finishers.  This year's event that would not be the case.  I could blame it on the 10 miles the day before, a new course or the 516 days before but most likely my race was the result of conflicting goals.  
I ended up 8th finishing in 48:03.  First in my AG and first female master.  Hubbs took 3rd (26:40) in his AG even though he had back issues and was forced to walk twice through the course. 

Despite not having the race that I might have wanted, the morning was nothing but wonderful.  Little Bug Man ran a disappointingly unorganized 3 - 4 year old "race."  They didn't get the kid's attention and say, "on your mark, get set, go!" like he and I do when we run together.  He was happy to have ran with his friends but didn't like that they started the race "wrong".

After a morning of racing it was off for S'ghetti Girl and I to the local Fall Foliage Festival.  She was eager to find great deals on "American Girl" doll clothes which we can usually find at get prices home made by the vendors.  This year we found a great selection but high prices.  Still S'ghetti Girl didn't walk away empty handed by spending her dollars wisely.


She enjoyed participating in the Middle Earth Studios production. 
She has enjoyed this event every year! 

After a nice morning race what is better than sitting on hay bales watching your daughter have fun?

As always she was ready for a bit more crowd fighting shopping before heading home.

I even found a few things that caught my eye too!
I'm not always in running clothes, you know.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on top master's! Great placement, even if it wasn't what you expected. Fields are getting tougher all the time. Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you both on the 5K/10K - impressive standings!! Love that LBM got to run too, even if they started it "wrong" (too funny).

    Great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fantastic family weekend filled with so many adventures!! Congrats to your spectacular AG placement, and your husband for keeping strong on his race.

    I LOVE that sparkly pin (hair??), that is something I would absolutely love, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, I'll take a 48:03 10K anytime--I can't seem to break 49 minutes. Congrats on a great race.
    P.S. Loved your hubby vacation posts.

    ReplyDelete