Daily Chatter

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reasons


Yesterday's One Word Wednesday was the above photo and the word Reasons.
Every runner who laces their shoes or toes the line has a list of reason why. 
This would be a start to mine.

To be happy.
To get rid of stress.
To find amazing things that get over looked.
To see the neighbors.
To reach goals.
To show my kids that staying healthy takes effort.
To inspire others.
To make sure he doesn't trade me for two 20 year olds.
To allow my family to support me.
To maintain a healthy weight.
To get to pray.
To burn off those sweet tooth cave ins.
To get outside.
To get to play in the rain again.
To sweat.
To be able to keep up with my kids.
To talk with my niece.
To see just how well I can suffer.
To make time to think of others.
To get dirty.
To see the Christmas lights.
To make sure the jogging stroller is put to good use.
To make sure he still finds me sexy.
To explore a new area.
To set a healthy example. 
To be alone.
To make friends.
To help educate those who will listen.
To know what pushing myself feels like.
To know what success is.
To know what failure feels like.
To be able to say I did everything I could to stay around as long as I could when my children ask me on my death bed why I have to go.

When you consider all that, Why wouldn't I run?
What about you?

9 comments:

  1. Yes, most of those! And I agree, why WOULDN'T a person want to run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good list! I'll just copy and paste yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. Great list--how on earth can someone NOT want to run?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list and what a great idea to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd add - to delay ageing and so the dog gets a workout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about, "It makes me feel good when the dog can't keep up."

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this Shelly! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with all of your reasons. I finally made a habit out of running. I finally love running. I finally look forward to and enjoy running for all of the reasons you listed. It has been 12 days since my last run... where I hurt my back. I can't wait to feel better and be able to run!! It is killing me.... hopefully soon! How do you survive an injury and not being able to run?!

    ReplyDelete