Daily Chatter

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

An Obvious Analogy



You look at this photo and see a trail.  Maybe if you have been trail running you might a place you are not eager to return to.  I look at this photo and see an invitation.  I see a tempting stage set for my enjoyment.  I approached this scene yesterday with the excitement of a girl eager to explore.  I was eager to know the twists and turns in the trail.  I wanted to see how the trail rose and fell.  To see what places where wet and which were dry. 


At first it was awkward, it took some time for this trail and I to get to know each other. We fumbled a bit but in no time we were cruising along winded and sweaty. I took a few wrong turns but the trail helped get me back on track.  I just wanted to keep going as long as I possibly could.


But time ran out and I was left in a glorious satisfyingly sweaty mess.  Trail running draws analogy's from many other activities in life.  I'm sure you can see a few or have experienced the joy yourself.  But yesterday's run was a return to real trails after a much too long break.  I'm just happy that the trails are not a fickle lover.  Nature simply welcomed me back into the forest among the rocks, roots and streams. 


And the finish was amazing!

7 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to run trails! Alas, South Florida is pretty much devoid of them :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love that you take the path less traveled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trail running is the best! I love your shirt too, I just signed up for Fire on the Mountain! Are you really doing Stone Mill again? You are hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what amazing photos! I saw similiar tonight and was in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that last pic. Definitely an amazing finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the passion.. I one day hope to find the love of trail running, for now hiking gives me the same excitement. You rock lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same way about trail running. It's so much more interesting than roads. BTW, I signed up for the Stone Mill 50 Miler. This will be my first ultra. Are you planning to run it again?

    ReplyDelete