Daily Chatter

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's a Beautiful Day....


Today we will be talking about Lists, children.


 
It's like Mr. Rodger's neighborhood around here.
Same topic.  Different Day.
 
What do all our lists have in common today?
 
Why that's right, children!
 
Massanutten
 
You get a gold star!
 
 
 
Lists for...
 
 drop bags...
aid station cut offs...
clothes to wear...
weather reports...
paces...
food for between aid stations...
course sections...
and lists of music.
 
I know that is a new one around here. 
But boys and girls we all need to try new things from time to time.
And I need your help. 
 
What music gets you moving?
What is on your play list that you think would keep me moving after say;  12, 20, 32 hours?
 

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear all about it! Half marathon is my max distance right now; I think you're amazing! I remind myself of what you heard: how do you want to feel on Tuesday? Love that. It's become my new mantra.

    Go, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've been using that daily in my mind too as the race draws near. It's easy to second guess big race plans when small things pop up. Like, not having a concrete sitter plan yet. Ekkk! I know that come Tuesday I will have accomplished a major milestone...no matter how far I make it, how fast I get there or what anyone else thinks about how I did it.

      Delete
  2. I don't run with music! I wish I had some great songs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really listen to new music made after about 1985...and I find on my long run playlists, I like to listen to what I call "comfort music" which would be stuff from my childhood and beyond.
    So I gots songs like "ABC" from the Jackson Five; "Joy to the World" some old Flat & Scruggs bluegrass, Johnny Cash.

    I just started a new playlist called Shawl to Veach, for that road section. So far, it is "Greased Lightning" (from the Grease Soundtrack) "Hole Hearted" from Xtreme; "Come Along" it's that song from the Prius Commerical; "The South's Gonna Do it Again" Charlie Daniels Band; "Hard as a Rock" & "Cover you in Oil" AC/DC. Haven't finished it yet.

    Oh, you MUST include on your ultra list "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" Beastie Boys!

    ReplyDelete