Daily Chatter

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How'd December Go?

December 2011

Monthly Miles Ran: 286.4 (Year total: 3021)

Highest Mileage Week: 12/12 - 12/18 (DM Weeks)  76 miles

Rest Days Taken: 0
The Streak: December 31st was Day # 601 of the streak ~ 4872.2 miles,
Runs ~ ave. 8 miles per day/ 56.2 miles per week

Races:
Zero.  Zip.  Zilch
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure:

Pumpkin dessert
I told I would share this recipe.
It is sooo good. 

CRUST:

1 Box of yellow cake mix (Reserve 1 cup and set aside)
Add to the cake mix 1 melted stick of butter or margarine, 1 beaten egg, and ½ cup of chopped walnuts. Mix well. Spread mixture in a 9x13 greased baking pan.

FILLING:

Mix together: 1 large can of pumpkin, 4 beaten eggs, ½ cup of brown sugar, ½ cup sugar, 2/3 cup of Evaporated milk, 2 ½ tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of nutmeg, ¼ tsp salt. Spread the filling over the crust.

TOPPING:

Mix together until crumbly: the reserved 1 cup of cake mix, ½ cup sugar, ½ cup of walnuts, ½ stick of softened butter or margarine. Crumble the topping over the filling.

Bake @ 350 for 50-60 minutes. Cool and serve with whipped cream on top.

(I have had better luck reducing the temp to 325 to avoid over browning the bottom)
Believe me, you will want to write it down!
Non-food Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure:
Too much computer time
Which Outfit did I Wear the Most:


Kinda lived in my Skyline Challenge Trail 50k shirt. 

What We Are Watching:
With the Kiddos:

Alpha and Omega

My Viewing:
Red Box Rentals
Funniest/Best Kid Quote:
Given the fact that my kids NEVER stop talking, you'd think I'd have endless ideas for this one.
BUT I must have perfected my tune out abilities because this month I've got nothing.
Current Triumph:
601 days streaking

 
Current Goals
Personal:
To get LBM to sleep in his own bed.  every.night.
Running/Fitness:
To be ready for spring ultra season.
To cross train more.
To drop body fat.

Current Blessing:

Every single day in my life. A gift.
Current Excitement:

Family:
S'ghetti girl is playing basketball


Running/Fitness:
I registered for my first 2012 fall event (September).  It sold out in 90 minutes.
Current Concern:
Personal:
Still working on reducing my body fat.

Family:
Getting LBM to want to sleep on his own.

Running:
Where will I be on the wait list for the 100 miler come January 4th?

How did your December days add up?

8 comments:

  1. 601 days....Gee.... I'm in awe! :)

    Oh, and I love that Fire on the Mountain pic on the side bar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with LBM. It is a tough thing which I haven't got around to enforcing with darling daughter yet. I am such a sucker when I am tired at night....sure, you can sleep by Mommy.....zonk. My thought last night when I was suckered again was one day she won't want to be by my side when she sleeps.....

    Can you tell I am avoiding being tough on this issue to dear hubby's dismay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you add in more cross training, would you actually take a day off from running? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your December sounds great! I hope LBM makes the move soon to his own bed! December was good for me. Relaxing, rejuvinating and great running weather. Looking forward to following your 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like Kara took the words out of my mouth! That dessert sounds amazing. I love pumpkin. I want to know the status of the 100 miler too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!! You blew it away last year - looking forward to seeing what 2012 has in store. Hoping for good news on the wait list status!

    ReplyDelete