Daily Chatter

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I need a favor...

I do.  I need a favor. 

Somehow I have gotten out of the habit of getting
my increasingly big butt
out of bed in the morning.

The morning is seriously a great time to squeeze in a little exercise and start the day right.  I know all this stuff.  I lived the double days for years.  Lately I have gotten tired.

Tired of fighting with LBM. 
Tired of dealing with weather. 
 Tired of not getting my sleep again thanks to LBM. 
Tired of feeling, well tired.
The odd thing is that the days I do get up even for a short run or workout I always feel better throughout the day.

So this morning if you haven't seen me post my run on DailyMile by, let's say 9 o'clock feel free to
completely call me out, say I'm lazy, remind me that I'm letting myself down...
 leave me an encouraging comment.


I'll be happy to return the favor because 
that after run smile...is always worth it.

10 comments:

  1. I'll give you a wake up call. I drag my butt out of bed at 3am to fit in long training sessions before the little one gets up because that's when I can do it.
    I love starting my day feeling like I accomplished my goal, I am energized for the entire day and it keeps me on track with my nutrition.
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Just make sure you go to bed early enough to allow for enough sleep.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having such a hard time getting back into working out in the early morning since Christmas. Definitely helps to have someone to be accountable to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through that over the summer. Maybe a few days of sleeping late will help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been struggling with morning runs too. I like to wait a little later when it is warmer. You will feel better, have more energy and that after run smile though. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't have daily mile to leae you note but here is my incentive, i broke my foot mid december, i would KILL to run, but i have a boot on my broken foot, so do me a favor and get up and run and enjoy that run for those that can't right now. tks........

    ReplyDelete
  6. so true, early morning runs do leave me feeling my best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I hear ya about feeling great all day after working out! If Dailymile wasn't blocked from work, and if I didn't have a bunch of kids screaming my name by 9am, I'd totally help you out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems that the LBM sleep factor is weighing more heavily on you lately. I can only imagine. Sometimes when I'm really focused on a change that I don't seem to have a lot of control over, it drips over into every other aspect of my life. You'll get your runs in...we all know you. I'm sure you are truly exhausted--with reason! Don't be too hard on yourself and savor that after run smile!
    I hope that LBM decides to head to his bed soon. I know you've tried every trick. I've been thinking of you lots and am very hopeful that it happens soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it helps -- dark mornings may be partly to blame. I bought a plug in timer* for my bedside lamp, and I set that to turn on about 5 minutes before the alarm. Worked like a charm.

    *you know, the timers people use when they're out of town and pretending someone is home because the lights go on... that kind of timer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on making the Top 30..!!!

    http://www.marathontrainingschedule.net/top-100-running-blogs-2012

    ReplyDelete