Daily Chatter

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It Makes Me Wanna Shout!


Some days I worry that I am not getting enough cross training done but I tell myself I just can't fit anything else into my days.  However this morning I realized I have hit on the next big cross training craze!
It's Running Shake Weights!
Come on.  You'd do it!
It only takes a couple steps.

1.  Place one very active, fighting-nap-time, 2 year old in a jogging stroller.
2.  Add music.  For an extra tough workout, I recommend Veggie Tales Backyard Party, Shout!
3.  After lacing up your favorite running shoes, place both hands firmly on the jogging stroller and run.
Within mintues your arms will begin to feel the burn as your lively 2 year old wiggles and does whole body motions to the music.  After only a few session not only will you see new definition in your arms and core, you will also be able to sing along to those wonderfully repetitive songs that stay in your head ALL day long!

That is a Free added bonus!
Join the craze today.


Day # 128 ~ 3.5 wiggly miles with LBM
I think I drank too much coffee yesterday!


...You know it makes me wanna SHOUT!

12 comments:

  1. OMGosh I love Veggie Tales. Awesome. Way better than Dora. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) love this. not so much that "shout" is stuck in my head but i think i can forgive you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a little radio for him in the stroller? That's a good idea. I bet Norah would like some tunes while we run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter was so addicted to Barney. Remember Barney?? "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..." OMG, I wanted to take knitting needles and poke my eyes out - it'd feel better than that song going through my head 5 billion time/day. Ha.

    btw, still no package :(. Was it just an envelop or a box? Just want to keep an eye out for it so wondered to look for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha! Great way to fit in some cross training! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA I think I'll pass thank you very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I thought you were serious with those weight shaker things!! Cute post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw those weights in a store and thought - "what the heck"

    you are so right - a jiggily toddler will do the same thing.

    And it makes me want to shout . . . is stuck in my head also! Thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pushing a jogger when you run is a great form of cross-training. I always notice a difference in my core after being away from the jogger during the snowy icy months. Now that fall is here, I have to worry about adding in more upper body to replace that arm and mid-section work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HaHaHa! Too funny.

    My sister loved Veggie Tales when she was a teenager! She used to have a stuffed Larry? that sang "Oh Where is my Hairbrush."

    ReplyDelete