Daily Chatter

Thursday, March 31, 2011

3 Things Thursday - The holy sh** edition

First I apologize for the out-of-character potty mouth. 
This is a family friendly blog after all but today is a BIG day.


Holy Sh**! 
It's snowing again.  Well, that was after the sleet but it's winter precipitation.  I'm really over winter now.  I am completely ready to begin complaining about the humidity and sweating too much.  Turning off the pellet stove and not having to clean it again would be great.  And don't even get me started on the electric bill.

Holy Sh**!
S'ghetti girl that rock-star of the academic life.  That streaker of school days to the tune of 5 years without missing a day!  That amazing nearly always straight A student. 
Forgot part of her homework for the THIRD time.
...in Math.  Her least favorite subject. 
yeah, it's booooorrrrring.

Holy Sh**!
In 8 more days I WILL be running the Bull Run Run 50 miler.  After watching my name creep painfully slowly up the wait list, it rested at #1 all evening and through the night only to be greeted this morning by an email from the RD telling me that...

Holy Sh**! 
I'm IN! 
...to the tune of...
... 50 miles....
...to just beyond what my eyes can see today...
...and in 8 more days, I'll be wondering what is just beyond the new place I find my feet...
...at the end of 50 miles.

21 comments:

  1. That is a post worth a holy shit! Boo to the snow. Yay to the 50-miler! You're going to rock it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit indeed. 50 miles - awesome! Unable to ever be in the now, I find myself looking past marathons to either Triathalons, or a 50-miler. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the title of this post. :)

    50 miles?? That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're IN! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAhoooooooooooooooo! Congrats!!!

    Wow, 5 years of perfect attendance is impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you made it into the race; awesome! Can't wait to read all about it! Hope your weather improves soon! Yes its time for SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YaaaaaaaaY! You will do awesome! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! You are going to impress all of us including yourself! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahoo! Congrats! I just heard all kinds of great things about that race!

    I too just had snow dumped on my nice green/brown lawn. So sick of snow! We had 3-4 inches fall in a few short hours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are an ultra-running superwoman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, snow here too. BOO!

    Holy sh** is right on the 50 miler!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 5 yrs without missing a day? Seriously? Awesome. You got in!! yay. You doing a 50 miler is...Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay to getting in the 50 miler!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did it!

    I was wondering if any competitive spirit in you feels the need to try and match your running streak to your daughter's school-going streak.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 5 years of perfect attendance is pretty dang amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha- a potty mouth every now and then is totally acceptable, especially with good reason, which you obviously have!!!!

    As for the snow...WTF...here in NJ too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go! God luck with the run. I've been reading what it takes to go 50 to 100 miles and more. You've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoo hooo!!! You'll be great at Bull Run Run!

    ReplyDelete