Daily Chatter

Friday, March 18, 2011

You have been warned

Last night the kiddos and I ran errands after work.  This is something I do not like to do.  After working all day I want to go home and get my run on.  Then my day is complete.
But last night I had to get a few things for the house.  The kids are going to spend the weekend with their grandparents while I race so I picked up a few things to make sure they had familiar items with them while I am gone.
While I was shopping I saw these.
and they saw me coming!

Of course they were NOT on my list but they called to me as I walked by pretending not to notice them.
They playfully reminded me that I have a BIG important long calorie-burning race on Saturday so I could indulge in a few less-than-healthy treats. 
Oh, I tried to resist but in the end they came home with me.
I sat them in a bag of other race day after-the-event refueling items for my long drive home.  Then I heard them again calling to me.  They reminded me that I didn't want to risk eating something new after such an impressive physical demonstration of my utter amazingness and become ill thus ruining a wonderful day!
That sounded like great logic to me.
I ate them.
Not all but a lot.
And they liked it!

I'm not saying they made me but I think they strongly encouraged me.
So now you know.
Don't say you weren't warned!

(The things we do to keep our minds off the fact that the BIG race IS tomorrow morning!)

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm those could be good and dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yyyuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, I like the way you think. Those look tasty! Haven't seen that kind around here... perhaps a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when food calls me.

    Have a great race tomorrow, Shelly! I'll be thinking of you all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying for you! Listen to your body and run your race, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pressed Enter before I was done! I have been thinking about rice crispie treats for days - they were calling my name - I bet it has been a year since I made them. I can't wait until the chocolate topping hardens. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look good! My husband has been craving tortilla chips while we're in China. I'm not sure if I should tell him about these until we get back to the States.

    Did you see this article? It looks like Chris McDougall will be running with you. http://tinyurl.com/4mpcccl

    ReplyDelete