Daily Chatter

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

But I usually like Bugs?

Four more sleeps until Race Day.
Day # 171

Last night the unseasonably mild weather drew me outside for a run with LBM.  I know that in the last week before a race nothing you do can really help your performance as much as what you do can hurt your performance.

Still I went out for a run telling myself that it wouldn't be a fast one - it was really windy, yeah I won't think about the effort.  We got all loaded up and we were off.
It was great to be outside.  We paused at the neighbor's to see their puppies.  We enjoyed the leaves falling as we ran.  We had the wind in our faces.

Yeah.  In.our.faces.
the whole time.

How is that even possible?

I told myself I still had really cut back my miles and a 10 mile day was no big deal for me to do this close to the race. 
I ran on.

Uneventful miles.  Running.  Breathing.  Talking.  Singing.  Picking up tossed toys.
The usual.

Ahhhh.  The turn back to "our" road.
Only about a mile and a half to go.

Pick up another toy.

What?
Why, Hello stomach. 
Did you say something when I bent down to pick up that toy?
Yes you did. 
Well there is no need to shout.
Oh!  Okay.
Now?
Right! Now??

okay
(thank goodness for the dark)

I usually like all Bugs.
But not that kind!

12 comments:

  1. I love this. Nothing like tummy "talk".

    AND

    wind in our faces - the whole time. Ya, I'm curious how that happens too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, not fun! Close to home but not close enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE! I'm sorry. That's miserable.

    But, 4 more days until you're voted off Taper Island...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get feeling better!! Good luck on your race. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Hope you feel better today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha! Did you see my post today? That's not so bad compared to the guy in the last pic. =)

    4 more sleeeeeeeps! yey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yikes! hope you feel better! and double yikes on wind. no bueno

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! tummy talk. too funny! Only 4 more days. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crap. Literally, I think? Rest and get better by the weekend!! That's an order :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes! That's what I call 'not pretty'! 4 days left!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the wind is crazy everywhere!!!

    4 days! yay!! woooohooo,

    u r gonna do sooo great. cant wait!

    ReplyDelete