Day # 171 p.m. run ~ treadmill ~ Movie: Daybreakers
1. A few days ago as I was getting my morning coffee at the McD's drive through, the nice lady who waits on me when I am too lazy to make coffee (in which I use Splenda and not sugar) looked at me and said, "Did you hear about Splenda and short term memory loss."
She said it in such a serious-concerned-for-me way I was a bit surprised and didn't really get a chance to respond before she continued briefing me on the reported effect of Splenda on my already failing memory cells.
This explains A LOT.
1. I stop for coffee waaay too often.
2. There are really nice people that I interact with each day.
3. It is not my fault that I forget things! It's the Splenda!
Another baby newt! I love these guys!
2. Probably because of the aforementioned short term memory loss, I forgot to tell you that I saw Morton the Muskrat! You remember him, right? We even had a giveaway to name him back this spring.
Well, with the thick growth along the river and his shy behavior I haven't really seen much of him all summer.
Due to my love all of all things nature, it was great to see he is thriving and storing up for the winter.
It doesn't take much to brighten my day, does it?
Day # 172 ~ a.m. run ~ 3.5
3. See it doesn't take much to distract my mind for the quickly approaching race. Okay, it actually takes a lot to get my brain to stop thinking about the race. Humm, not the actual race but the getting there!
Again that is my BIG worry.
What if I don't make it to the bus in time?
What if I am late and they leave without me?
I have 33+ mountainious miles to run and I'm worried about simply getting to the start!
I guess that is one way to keep my mind distracted from getting to the finish.