Daily Chatter

Friday, October 15, 2010

How did that happen?

Day # 159 ~ 3.5 morning miles

I'm asking that question a lot lately.
How'd that happen?

Things seem to be happening and I seem to be unaware of them.

LBM has learned to open doors.  ~ How'd that happen?
Army son shared life changing news that blindsided us ~ How'd that happen?
S'ghetti girl has taken to doing homework on her own without being asked.  ~ How'd that happen?
I surpassed my yearly mileage goal ~ How'd that happen?

I am now at 2026.7 miles.  That means on Tuesday's run I hit 2010 miles.
It came and went and I didn't even realize.

At the begining of the year it seemed like a lot of miles. 
It seemed like something I wasn't sure I'd accomplish but I wanted to reach for it knowing that I need to reach into what is just beyond what I know I can do to be able to see how much more I can do.

Life is a bit chaotic in Shelly-land. 
Army Son has thrown us a big curve ball, one that I am not ready to share in detail yet.
But I know that even though my eyes can't quite see how this will all work out,
I know that it will.

I've been promised and shown that it is true.


28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[a] who[b] have been called according to his purpose.
                                     ~ Romans 8:28 NIV

12 comments:

  1. 2.010 miles? You amaze me, honestly! :) Have fun breaking 2010! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you are a running machine!!! And seriously, life just moves too fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that scripture. Awesome.

    I surpassed my yearly mileage goal ---- well WE [readers] know exactly how that happened!! YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are amazing - as a runner and person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers, that is a lot of miles!!!



    I hope everything is okay in Shelly-land. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all works out with your boy. Kids love to throw us big curve balls at times that we're totally unprepared for. I'm sure you'll cope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you! Change happens. Sometimes it works well and other times it does not. The most important thing is that we learn from the change. I hope that all good happens to you and yours and that lessons learned are all positive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's true things do always work out...even if not in the ways we expect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Things do always work out. I hope all is OK. And as long as LBM can let himself back in after he's let himself out = then it's all good!

    Oh, and SUPER on the running!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Running daily - that's how it happened. The rest is still a mystery.

    Isn't it funny how our kids grow up and can cause us parents to feel pride and fear at the same time? Life.

    Great mileage, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As everyone has said before me . . . Things work out - maybe not how we planned or imagined or even liked . . . but they work out and we adapt!

    Your mileage is great. I just don't know how you do it! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are an amazing runner! Seriously. Seriously.

    Good luck sorting through the upheaval of Army Son's new choice. I'm sure that whatever it is, everything will work out fine.

    ReplyDelete