Daily Chatter

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Three Things Thursday

Day # 164 p.m. run ~ 7.2 miles - 59 minutes praying

We had no trouble finishing our miles last night. We ran our usual 6.5 mile loop and then added on .7 to have run 59 minutes. I spent what quiet time LBM gave me in prayer for a fellow blogger and her family. But I also used that time to remember my own family and those who have passed away.
A nice way to focus your thoughts...when the little one is napping.



After our first 6.5 LBM could not wait to "Me Run" in the moonlight for the last few minutes.  He is amazingly fast but stops whenever he wants to and not always the "finish line."
But he always declares, "Me Win" no matter where he decides he is done running.


10 more days to the Big Race.  It is on Halloween Day and we have been asked to wear something bright; yellow, orange, pink, due to the proximity to private lands and potential hunting. 
 Plus if I fall over and pass out they will be more likely to spot me.
Any suggestions on what I should wear?

14 comments:

  1. Alright, kind of scary that you have to wear bright clothing for fear of being HUNTED! :S Why not be extra safe and wear a little BRIGHT yellow, orange AND pink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking something in BRIGHT orange camo. ;) Maybe that's an oxymoron?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with marlene: wear it all!! granted, the idea that you have to wear it to be safe is a little unnerving but the bright colors should make you feel happy and safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe a bright orange headband, neon pink shirt and psychadelic yellow arm warmers?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Hunting! I vote for a combo of orange and pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bear costume! No not a good idea! Then I'm out. That's really sweet what you did for Mel! Good run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a peaceful run.

    As to what to where-love your little print there about "if I fall..." Consult w/ Tonia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bears roasting marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh ur race sounds fun....what to wear....hm..... i dont know but please show us what u come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a pair of orange shorts you could borrow... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wear all of 'em bright colors! it should keep you safe and other runners happy when they see you =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, you have to wear something bright so you won't get shot?

    My suggestion? Wear something bright! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely wear bright colors! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete