Daily Chatter

Friday, October 23, 2009

You know you have too much on your plate when...



....people think your running shorts are spandex tights.

No really.
I wasn't talking about that kind of plate. More a metaphorical plate.
I know that I have WAYYYY too much on mine lately because, last weekend you may recall from my Friday post that I was prepping for a local 5k. I arranged for the kids to be watched while I was gone. I laid out my gear. I mentally prepared. Then I went to bed.


My youngest, Max is still not an all-through-the-night sleeper (14 months old!) so I was up with him around 2ish. After I finally got him back to sleep I had a bit of an upset stomach. I chalked it up to nerves. I really don't like 5ks. They are a little too short for me to actually enjoy. Back to bed I went. zzzzzzzzzzz


I am back up with not-so-much-a-baby-anymore, Max at 6 a.m. Getting him nursed and ready for the day. It's about time for me to think about getting dressed and loading the car. Luckily for me I reach for my application (didn't preregister for this one). I put it with all my last minute gear on the table ready to hit the car.



Having to leave the kids that early with hubby out of town is already causing me to feel guilty so I want to wait until the last minute before I have to wake them. So that guilt is what caused me to be 'killing' time sitting at the kitchen table playing with the race application instead of showing up early for the race. That guilt what saved me driving to the event only to find out that there was no doubt that I would have done well.
In fact, I would have WON! because I would have been the ONLY ONE there!
Just a little too much on my plate. I am going to give it another try...THIS Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment