Daily Chatter

Friday, February 25, 2011

I can make them better!

Have you seen these?
They are delicious!
But I didn't like a long list of ingredients or the rather high price per snack ratio. 


So I decided to make my own. 
I used all natural granola I purchase from a local Amish store, Fisher's Country Store.
Ingredients:  Rolled oats, sunflower seeds, chopped almonds, wheat germ.
Yummy

Dark Chocolate Granola Bark

That was my reward after my evening miles last night. 
I had done 3 in the morning to lighten my load for that evening but once the kids got tired of playing in the workout room and I was by myself, that old familiar feeling that I have been missing joined me.
The miles clicked by and time flew.  Before I knew it I had finished over 9 more miles.
Well what is any runner going to do but round it out to an even 10. 
LBM and I finished with some core work with balloons on the living room floor.  Workouts are always more fun when you make them seem like playing.  But last night after an "in the zone run" I think I could have done anything and enjoyed it!

8 more get ups and I'll be racing! 

7 comments:

  1. I have never even seenn those in the store?! Look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen those either, but your version looks great!!!

    Awesome job on the feel-good run and YAY for race day count down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate processed food and can't get my husband away from them. I end up buying granola bars because I, at least, know what junk he is putting in his system.
    Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those thins are awesome! They sell them at Costco in a giant box, but your's are much better!
    Nice run my fellow streaker!!! You're truly an inspiration! You're going to rock it next week! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now I "see" the rest of the picture :). I have seen those in the store and they look amazing. How do you make yours??

    Hope you had a nice weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete