Daily Chatter

Monday, May 17, 2010

Revisiting a dark squeaky stranger

I am not one to let a little rain stop me from getting my miles in however, when my 8 year old daughter gives my a speech about my questionable sanity and the health consequence of taking her 20 month old little brother out in "the pouring down rain!" that's when I have to remind myself that I have a treadmill.
So last night found myself on the treadmill.  You remember that squeaky old thing squashed back in the corner of our workout room.  He's still there.  He barely remembered me.  Oh, I know it was just his way of playing coy because he was hurt that I had stayed away so long.
We reacquainted ourselves quickly by running a couple set of sprints (7.5 miles running with half mile jogs to rest between).  Sweat-ville. 


Luckily for me the Recovery Socks I won from Erica arrived today.
Here are my 8 year old's attempts at a picture to show my socks. 
God bless her for trying when she was already volunteering to play with LBM while I ran on the treadmill.  She was just wanting me to get started so she could start bossing playing with her bother.
Thanks Erica!


Yes another new shirt - in pink.  And yes I pulled up my pig tails before I started my actual run.

15 comments:

  1. Way to rock the treadmill!

    Love the 8-year-old's guilt trip and photo skills. I tried asking my four year old to take a picture once. I haven't since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get it done on the treadmill. It's suppose to rain here tomorrow so I may have to suck it up and run in the treadmill too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the dreadmill!!
    I love photos taken by kids, too funny and wow what a guilt trip hahaha!! Sounds like my oldest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! So funny about your 8 year old! I bet she is a big help! I would love to have a treadmill! Maybe someday....until then I guess I'll be running in the elements, or at the Y! Great job on 7.5 on the mill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Props to you - it has got to be tough pushing a toddler on a treadmill...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on the treadmill! I love how your daughter gave you a speech.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look adorable after a good sweat - how is that possible? I'm not a fan of our treadmill much either but I use it often. The first lap or two, the belt is loose so you feel like you're going to fall :S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the treadmill workout! Way to get those miles in. Nice socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute outfit!

    didnt know u had a treadmill! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, nothing like an 8-year old setting your whole day up. Nothing wrong with the treadmill, nice way to change things up a bit! I love the socks, lucky you :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK I love the outfit! It's funny you wrote this. As I ran 9 outside in the rain today with G, I was thinking of how I also have a treadmill and we haven't met for weeks. I kind of miss him ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeahhhh Glad your socks arrived! Don't you just love when your kids remind you that you might be a little on the crazy side!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute that your daughter made you feel guilty about taking HER little brother with you in the rain...adorable! Great pic of you sporting your new socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice run! LOL at the 8 year old angle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kids take the best pictures. They do improve with height!

    ReplyDelete