Daily Chatter

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

November 30th - Monday

Kitty update. Our cat is still missing. No sightings. No kitty found along the road. Nada. I don't know if that is a good sign or a bad one. She could come back on her own or she may have fallen in love with being wild. Time will tell so we will wait.

Monday on the workout front, I unintentionally took the day off. I know I am supposed to be tapering but I just love to run. A N D the HBBC http://runtothefinish.blogspot.com/2009/11/holiday-bootie-buster-challenge.html is still going on so there are points to consider! And for Monday I got a big fat 1. Sorry team mates!

December 1st - Tuesday

Today was a great day. I got an early morning run. Okay, yes regular readers you know I did my favorite 6.5 mile loop (52:47/8:07). I did wear my new Nathan's High Visibility Vest. I didn't want the hunters to shoot me! So far so good!

After a great energizing morning run I had the normal daily routine of sitter, work and kiddos pickup.

On Tuesdays my middle one has gymnastics so I squeeze in errands before her class starts. Today one of those errands was a return trip to the eye doctor. Drum roll. I know you all have been just dieing to know which glasses I chose. So wait no longer...Number #2 !

Okay not a great picture but an 8 year old took it and she is already upset since she did not pick those glasses!

After ordering my glasses, we grabbed a bite to eat (yes more fruits and veggies for me!) and then dropped off the middle one for class. A quick drive home and hand off of the littlest to my oldest for round 2 of my favorite loop 50:31/7:46 A little fast but I didn't have a lot of time. You know I think I could run a sub 3:30 marathon - easy - if I could run it in the moon light! I just LOVE to run at night. It is amazing! Tonight I didn't even need my headlamp at all. It was so amazing. Okay I already said that.

After all the running fun, I still had homework to enjoy with my middle one and baths and diaper rash (my littlest does not tolerate dairy and the sitter still gives him ice cream from time to time...grrrrr!). Whew! It's been a full and fulfilling day. If they all could be like this.

Lastly, 5 days to the Half Marathon. I am excited. I am hopeful for good weather. But mostly, I am getting more and more convinced that I will train to do the Tussey Mountain Back 50 mile Ultra http://www.tusseymountainback.com/ on October 16, 2010.


  1. Sorry to hear about kitty. I hope he/she turns up soon! Yay on glasses #2 and wow on the ultra!

  2. Sorry to hear that the kitty is still missing. Love the new glasses!

  3. Wherever he is, I hope your kitty is doing okay and that he finds his way home.

    The new glasses look great!

  4. Yuo are a very busy mama- I do not know how people do everything with kids!! I am exhausted and it is just me!

    I hope your kitty comes home soon :)

  5. So sorry about kitty; we lost ours over the summer. Coyote I believe :(. I hope for happy news there.

    Glasses are super snazzy - love 'em! You are adorable!!!

    50 miler...hum. It's on my 2010 agenda; I may have to look into that one.