Daily Chatter

Saturday, April 14, 2012

6000 Miles ~ Believe

About the time this posts, I will be running the 20th Bull Run Run 50 miler, the good God willing as they say.  I feel so blessed to have found my way into ultra trail running.  It is while I am on those trails pushing past discomfort, moving beyond obstacles that I find the person I feel I am meant to be. 

As my legs grow weary, my mind grows closer to a clarity that it rarely finds.  As I run there is a clearing of the clutter that often finds it's way into my thoughts.  My hearing improves so that I can focus on that wee small voice that often whispers to get my attention.

This morning I will set out on another journey, frankly to no where.  I will end up exactly where I started.  In reality having gained no ground except for the kind of ground that can be gained only when we do something greater than what most find possible.  Beyond what we had thought possible.

This morning as I cross about the 35th mile of this 50 mile journey, I will give thanks for the 6000 miles that came before it.  The 6000 miles since I started believing that I could do this amazing thing every single day and knowing that it was a gift to do it.

Just start today and imagine who you will be tomorrow.
Believe.

7 comments:

  1. What a great way to ring in 6000? I don't know, 50 milers still have me shaking in terror as I remember the dark woods of Stone Mill. Obviously, this will be a much better experience for you. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow that's a lot of miles! Congrats and best of luck on the 50 miler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6000. AMAZING! Have a lovely day, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome...hope you are having a wonderful time running Bull Run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, 6000! Congrats!! I hope you are having (had?) a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an inspiration! 6000 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. Some really inspiring thoughts!

    I really liked this: "having gained no ground except for the kind of ground that can be gained only when we do something greater than what most find possible. Beyond what we had thought possible."

    ReplyDelete