Daily Chatter

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Anything but the R word

Today we are NOT going to talk about anything R-word related.  If you came here looking for that you can just move on. 


We will talk about how S'ghetti Girl was chosen to be recognized for her leadership and academic achievements at our local minor league baseball game.


Because we won't be talking about how I can't sleep past 4 a.m. because I am already worried about missing the MMT 100 ubber early start time. 


We will talk about how Al Tuna tried to eat S'ghetti Girl as we watched the game.  I will talked about how proud I am of her for working so hard this year.



AND
I most certainly will not discuss 25 page crew instructions that my crew of one
the super secret spy
hasn't even LOOKED at yet!


We can talk about the blast that the kids had at the game cheering for the Altoona Curve!


The fact that I can barely think about anything BUT the
MASSANUTTEN MOUNTAIN TRAILS 100
will not be mentioned.

at all

because
We can talk about all the fun games they played between innings.

I am not thinking about anything to do with that thing I do every morning and night.

We could go on and on about how proud I am of my brilliant and kind daughter.
She makes me proud every single day.

and it hasn't even crossed my mind that I may be doing it for 36 hours straight.
or get lost in the wilderness trying.

I've been too busy to think about anything like that!
Congratulations S'ghetti!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, YAY for S'ghetti girl! Very cool! And for proud mama too :)

    (so I guess I WON'T ask where you are on the list now ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is pretty dang cool! I love how much you love her achievements....I know where she gets all her kindness and brilliance from...from her momma!!

    Oh how I wish so badly I had a huge disposable income and could come out and crew and pace you!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Congrats to S'ghetti girl, and congrats to you too for not talking about the R-word. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great for her achievements to be recognised so publicly. And I read nothing about that R word - I think?

    ReplyDelete