Daily Chatter

Monday, September 6, 2010

Left or Right

Ginny at Happy Feet 26.2 commented on my new header photo.
You can see it up there.  Take a look.
Do you notice anything?
Well, Ginny did.  She busted me on running on the right hand side of the road.


I am a believer in running against traffic or on the left hand side.  I like to be responsible for seeing the traffic and getting out of their way.  I don't leave my body out there for others to avoid hitting.

Now I live in an extermely rural area.  The fact that there is a line on the road is a relatively recent event.  Yeah, event.  Not a whole lot happens in my area.  Not a neighborhood an area, a cove, a hollow.

So if you notice in other photos that I stand in the middle of the road or run there, don't be suprised.  However, it is not done as an example to other runners.  My running behavior is the result of running in the kind of area I live in for my entire life.

Hope your enjoying your Holiday Weekend
no matter what side of the road you run on!

9 comments:

  1. Your comments here and there made me think that you live in a rural area. When I visit my mom (also rural), I run right down the center of the road...well, what I think of as the center because there are no lines there either! I'm with you on rural running, it is different that running in a burb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I live in a busy city, so I really do try to stay on the left side of the road. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always stay to the far left even though I live in a rural area too. cars aren't always expecting to see a pedestrian out there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty funny! I grew up in a rural area, so I understand where you're coming from. My running pal Ellie would be all over you--she's our traffic controller when we run as a group, always yelling when we're on the wrong side, even if for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. where I'm from, we walk in the middle of the road. However, I run on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where I am, it's on the sidewalk unless it's to wait at a traffic light. I know, I know..."What's a traffic light?" Yes, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Single track trails - no left, no right, no worries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm jealous of your traffic-free roads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a route I run that on certain streets I run on the left side, other streets on the right, and one where I run down the middle because it never has traffic on it and it is so terribly crowned on the edges.

    ReplyDelete